Saturday, October 31, 2020 / by Jim Scrimgeour
4 Tips for Decorating a Small Space
Whether it’s a cramped bedroom or an office nook, many homes have a small room that’s difficult to decorate.
Do you wish you could add more charm without forgoing square footage? Well, just because your space is limited, it doesn’t mean your style has to be.
Make your tiny area more usable and trendy with these four tips.
1. Create a focal point. Designing without a focal point can make your space look cluttered. Instead, arrange a single, standout feature at the center of the room. Organize a gallery wall with several of your favorite photos or hang one attention-grabbing piece of art.
2. Take decor to the top. If your home lacks high ceilings, use tall floor lamps and curtains to elongate your walls. You can further give the illusion of height by installing vertical shelves closer to the ceiling instead of at eye level.
3. Make it bright. Bring in natural light by hanging sheer window cu ...
homedecorating, homedesign, sellers, buyers
Thursday, October 1, 2020 / by Sally Scrimgeour
Does your home inspire wellness?
When you think of wellness, does your living space come to mind? Today, people are taking wellness beyond diet and exercise and into their homes. So, if you want to improve your quality of life, you might be interested in wellness-focused interior design.
This style of design uses natural elements to boost your mood, increase your productivity and influence your mental well-being.
Here are four ways you can bring this trend into your home:
1. Let in the light. The sun’s light can elevate your mood and promote alertness. Take advantage of daylight by arranging workspaces near windows, using light-filtering curtains or strategically hanging mirrors to reflect more light. Natural light can recenter your sleep cycle and promote vitamin D production — two keys to maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
2. Promote air circulation. Proper air circulation provides a regular temperature, removes impurities and that “stale” feeling, an; ...
homedesign, wellness, homedecorating, calmingspace, realestatevalue
Thursday, July 9, 2020 / by Sally Scrimgeour
One of the many joys of homeownership is incorporating your signature style throughout your home. From furniture and rugs to artwork and paint colors, there are so many ways you can make a space all your own.
But there’s one space in the home that’s often left untouched — the ceiling. Though rarely considered, it’s a vital part of your home’s story.
Whatever your design style, there are plenty of ways to dress up your fifth wall. Check out these ceiling styles that designers and architects are raving about:
Go Modern Minimalist If you like sleek and elegant design schemes, minimalism is for you. A minimalist home has clean lines in a defined color palette. Forego bright color schemes and add elaborate elements sparingly.
Paint, tile or paneling in black or grey add engaging contrast to ceilings without stealing the show.
Add Some Rustic Charm If you’d prefer a more accessible look, then rusti ...
homedecorating, homedesign, calmingspace